The bus ride to Guatemala City was entertaining. It's normal to drive through clouds when you're up in the mountains and usually it looks like dense fog, like this:
Later during the bus ride, the bus driver pulled over, ran outside to the back of the bus, peed, and then returned to finish driving.
Two flights and a car ride from Chicago later, here we are at home. The dogs sure were happy to see us! Reentry culture shock is definitely lessened when you have someone to share memories and reflect with... but that doesn't mean that I don't have a case of the I-miss-Guatemala blues.
Ok a little bit from me (Dave)
First of all let me say it is wonderful to be home. Now that i have said that, thinking back on the two weeks of travel, i must say what an adventure. I have been exposed to a new way of life that i was told about, but had not been a part of. I give the whole trip an 8 out of 10. There were many things that i enjoyed: our host family, the hot springs, Lake Atilan, being with Megans friends who are very nice. I can even appreciate the effort my teacher had in trying to get me to learn something new. I will also have a deeper understanding of how some of my employees feel being in the US trying to make a living in a culture very different from their own.
This vacation was very different than any of the previous ones we have taken. I am thankful for the experiences but glad to be back to the same ol same ol, which is in my comfort zone. Until next time if you wonder how my life is going, I am either working, playing golf, or catching up on some of the summer movies i have missed.
I must give special thanks to David L. for telling Megan that she should have mercy on me and not make me go to spanish school for two weeks. I dont think I would be here today if she would have made me. Thanks again David. You saved me.
Dave.
No comments:
Post a Comment