I'm out of the country again - yay! Dave and I arrived safely this afternoon in Cozumel, a small island on the Caribbean coast of Mexico. We visited it for a day on one of our previous cruises and fell in love. We're looking forward to getting to know the island a little better.

Here's a great map of Cozumel that highlights all of the dive and snorkel locations. fyi - we're staying in the town, but we'll visit the "other" side of the island, which doesn't even have electricity! Of course, I'm looking forward to that. :)
We're staying at the Coral Reef Inn. The room was crazy cheap, but the TripAdvisor reviews were terrific, so we decided to give it a try. Glad we did--it's amazing! I'll post pics tomorrow.
We arrived late this afternoon and were pleased to quickly find ourselves sweating from the heat and humidity. We ate a delicious Mexican dinner, wandered around a bit, and said hello to my love (the ocean!). We also went to the grocery store for a few food items. (The inn has a full kitchen that we can use.) I found the grocery store excursion to be quite thrilling because it's not a touristy place. I love seeing the differences in foods sold and how they are displayed compared to the U.S. For example, there are different fruits and vegetables (like cactus!) in the produce section. Also, the pastry section is all open and there's nothing covering the cookies/doughnuts/cakes/breads; whereas, in the U.S. we would have them in cabinets with see-through doors. Super cool thing: while we were in the store, I recognized one of the Spanish songs that was playing and I was able to sing along. :)
As I type this, I'm sitting in the open air kitchen on the roof of the inn. It's night and very dark. I can see the clouds dance around the stars. It's quite warm, but there's a perfectly cool breeze. I can faintly smell the ocean. I am happy.
3 comments:
You should take some pictures of the things in the grocery store/market so that we can see them. Glad you are having a good time. :)
Sounds like your trip is off to a good start! Can't wait to see more pics!
....I'm looking out my window right now and it is SNOWING! So needless to say - I'm quite jealous!
Wooohooo! Travel blog updates from Meguita!
Post a Comment