Thursday, February 25, 2010
Godzilla, tide pools, and crashing waves
Today we visited a really cool museum called Discover Mexico. It contains an art museum with various types of Mexican art and a large area outside with replicas of several prehispanic and Spanish buildings that are located throughout the country. The museum was really cool for a history-lover like me, and it was fun to see replicas of buildings I had seen in person two years ago. Here is some of the art:

I took this one for my sister. Mona- these are made from gourds! :)
This was the first building replica that we saw. I apologize that I don't even remember where this one is actually located in Mexico--we were too busy laughing about the "Godzilla" iguana!
Here is the replica of the Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan, which I've seen in person!
And here I am standing next to Teotihuacan's Pyramid of the Moon, which I climbed two years ago! Click here and scroll to the bottom to see a photo of me at the top of the actual pyramid.
The zocalo in Mexico City and the church on one side of the zocalo, which I've been inside of

After Discover Mexico, we headed back over to the "other side" of Cozumel. We explored a bunch more tide pools and saw baby fish, snails, urchins, and crabs.

Then we spent a couple hours at Playa Bonita (the beach below). The water was the clearest we've ever seen--like a pool! It was a busy day at the beach--there were about 25 other people there. :)

On our drive back to the hotel, we noticed that the waves had become significantly stronger. Dave pulled over so that I could get some photos of them crashing into the rocks.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome pics once again!!! I think tide pools are cool...I wanna see one some day... : )
I can't wait to see the other pictures that you took ans hadn't post on your site. They are absolutely beautiful. love,mom
I love tide pools! They are so much fun to explore. I enjoyed the gourds, very nice!
Post a Comment