Monday, February 22, 2010

Coral Reef Inn

Today is our first full day in Cozumel. It's hot! But I'm definitely not complaining! We're headed to the beach this afternoon, but this morning we're just chillin' at the inn. We have wireless here, which is super convenient. Dave is thrilled because they have satellite tv, so he can watch things in English. :) Here are some photos of the inn.

Our room (Misty- it's not purple anymore! They must have painted it.)

The view through our window of the church next door (complete with palm trees!)

The shared kitchen on the roof of the inn and the dining space on the roof.


Some more "shared" spaces at the inn.

Me enjoying the gloriousness of sunshine :)

Here are a couple photos from dinner last night. We were given fresh chips with two salsas--one was cheesy and spicy, the other tasted like a mixture of avocado and cilantro. Both were delicious!

We both ate fajitas--Dave had shrimp and I just had veggies. For dessert Dave had frozen coconut pie and I had some coconut ice cream. Yum!

And a photo of my love, the ocean, during last night's fairly cloudy sunset. You can expect to see many more ocean photos over the next few days. :)

6 comments:

The Darkside a.k.a. Misty said...

My jealousy is increasing....ocean pics....shorts....t-shirts....

Tina said...

Wow, the inn looks really nice. I'm so wish I was there with you.

IT Girl Mary said...

That ice cream looks delicious and you look absolutely stunning -- in your element! I'm so glad you have wireless and am looking forward to a full week of updates! lol

IT Girl Mary said...

oh! and i'm dying to know what's on the bookshelf! lol

Mona said...

Ok, you can tell I'm a mom but the kitchen is cool, do you do your own dishes and stuff?

Meguita said...

Mona - The kitchen is very cool and super convenient. Yes, everybody does their own dishes and cleans up after themselves. I think the inn owners do a thorough cleaning every couple days or so. They have tons of communal foods, too, like ketchup, olive oil, spices, etc. If something has a little yellow sticker on it, anybody can use it!