Saturday, February 27, 2010

Farewell, Cozumel

Here are a few random photos from today...
A boat that made me think of my boss, Anita
Today's swimming spot, again on the "other side"
The road on the east side of the island--definitely the most beautiful drive I've ever experienced
Dave's attempt to keep out of the sun. (He's a "fried tomato" right now.)
Today's snorkeling spot... complete with another barracuda! This one appeared about 30 seconds after Dave got out of the water, so he missed it again! It was pretty close, too. Less than ten feet away from me. I took a photo, but it was swimming away and didn't look nearly as intimidating; I decided it wasn't worth uploading here.
And now as requested, a blog entry from Dave:

The conclusion of a great vacation. Let me first say that even though there is snow at home, I am ready to go home. I like home. Megan on the other hand is the complete opposite. She is not ready to leave ever. I even saw tears when we said good-bye to the east side of the island today.

Megan did an awesome job planning this vacation. The room and inn were perfect. The right distance from everything. It was cool being able to walk to any restaurant that we wanted because we were so close. I snorkled twice on this trip and the one time the water was way over my head. For those of you who dont know, I am not a strong swimmer and if I cant touch bottom, a full blown panic attack usually follows. Luckily I had a life jacket on and that gave me some peace of mind. We snorkeled on the east side today, which is more like beach than rock and I could make it to standing distance in a matter of seconds whenever i wanted so it was way cool. We found a reef and saw plenty of fish.

The quote of the week came from a mexican man as we were walking past his jewelry store. He said, "Excuse me, excuse me, the silver in here has been waiting for you ALL DAY" We thought that was the funniest thing we had heard all day. I had an awesome hamburger at Otates, but my best meal was tonight, which was chicken tacos that were fried. And we ate tons of guacamole this week.

I got the hang of driving here. I only ran the same red light four times. Luckily three of the four times cars behind me kept going also. I'm not ready for the planes and the drive home but ready to be home. Later.

1 comment:

IT Girl Mary said...

ha ha! i just have to say, dave, you are a good man. your wife has done some crazy things! and it's so great to see you just enjoying seeing her be so alive. you guys are great for each other. sounds like you too had tons of fun. welcome home. but don't take too long before you venture back out again! i can't wait for the next vicarious adventure via the bonhamtravel blog!