Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Some photos!

Okay, here are some photos. Click on them to see larger images. Sorry, some are centered and others arent. I dont have time to fix it. FYI - it took over an hour to upload these because the internet isnt extremely fast. I was very patient.

The main house at the b & b.


The little house where my room was (i.e. not in the lovely main house)
The crazy steps to get down to the little house
My very small room.

The spider in the bathroom at the bed and breakfast. The photo doesnt do it justice. It was huge.
Some familar things I saw when I walked to the mall
Gorgeous mountain views on the crazy bus ride to Xela (taken through a very dirty window)
One of several mudslides we had to drive around
Some photos of my host familys home in Xela where I live now
The outside

The courtyard in the middle of the house (where clothes are hung to dry)
My bedroom
The kitchen and dining room

The kitchen sink that is not in the kitchen (photo is sideways, sorry)
The shower. That strange gadget above it is electricity that warms the water. I was specifically instructed not to touch it or I would get an electric shock. Very, very different from home.

Mickey, the familys dog. He doesnt like me yet, but my host mom says he will soon

A beautiful park in downtown Xela
An outdoor fruit market
Bees all over the cut fruit. Yuck.
Some women in traditional Mayan attire
The computer lab at the school, where I am now (They let me upload photos from here after all)

The courtyard inside the school building (sideways)
Inside una panaderia (a bread-bakery shop).
Me eating a donut with orange icing :)
A street with a view of one of the volcanoes! (sorry, its sideways)

Whew! I hope you all are happy! That took FOREVER! :)

3 comments:

IT Girl Mary said...

your hair looks cute like that! i so rarely see you outside work . . . and i bet my 15 cents from the other day bought that donut! lol. awesome pics.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis!

Glad to finally be able to read your blog. We made it home from Colorado today safe and sound. I have so much I want to tell you! And pictures to show you! (211 to be exact!)

It's weird how cool it gets down there being you're so far south. I'll bet you didn't see any snow though.....we did! Got snowed on like crazy! I can't wait for you to get home.....so much to tell you. Everything you've written so far is so cool. I can't wait to hear all about it....and see you're pics. I'll be checking your blog daily now.

(Oh, I'll leave you with this - I got "charged" by lightening on top of a 14,000+ ft. mountain.....)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures. Although, I'm not sure I would be brave enough to step into that shower. Have people been electrocuted by this contraption? I’m guessing they have or they wouldn’t have warned you.