Thursday, July 17, 2008

How can I go back to Northern Indiana?

Yesterday afternoon my teacher and I went up to on of the classroom on the roof of the school for class, and I just had to share these photos with you. It's very common to use roofs as living space here because most of them are flat - I wish it were like that in the United States. When I first arrived, I wondered if I would get used to seeing the mountains and volcanoes while I was here, but I don't think it's going to happen. They are still breath-taking. How can I return to Northern Indiana after seeing views like this?!

Check out the corn in this photo. People are growing it in the middle of the city!
The fabrica de cerbeza (beer factory). Beer is extremely important in this culture. I haven't had any.
"The Green Team" :)

P.S. I posted three times today. (I was a little behind!) Don't miss the other photos!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you go home? I have the answer, family and friends. But if you don't atleast we will email you.

Anonymous said...

Well move to Tennessee! Aunt kiki would love to come and vist. Please at least come back to America!!!!!!!DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!

Anonymous said...

I totally go with what Cheyanne said!

Anonymous said...

There are amazing mountains and many other amazing places to see right here in the good old USA. Vance and I have traveled to many corners of the world and seen many beautiful things, but in the end, there in absolutely no place with the variety and beauty that the US has to offer.