Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Natural hot springs

Tuesday morning I went with a group of students from ICA to visit Las Fuentes Georginas, natural hot springs about 30 minutes from Xela. Wow. It was amazing. We drove higher up into the mountains and we got to the hot springs, we could all see our breath! That's not generally the type of weather when swimming is appropriate, but it was perfect for the hot springs.

I felt like I was in a Dr. Suess book when looking at the plants at Las Fuentes. There were so many I had never seen before. I absolutely loved this excursion. I'd like to go again before I leave.

Some views from the ride there

The pools


Jen, Michaela, and me
Our feet (my camera was quite a hit again! Thanks, Dave)

Some of the cool plants
Awesome views from the springs (including the fog from the steam)

Dave, this photo is for you. These guys were painting their car right outside their house in the street. There was overspray going everywhere, including on people walking by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the hot springs! They are so cool!...or, uh, hot! Ok, this next comment is in honor of Misty, I bought you a birthday present yesterday. How do you like the torture? Oh, but you have to come back to boring ol' Indiana to get it.