Monday, July 14, 2008

Family, friends, and the volcano

I realized I hadnt uploaded many photos of my family and friends in Xela, so here are a few....

Jaime and Aura, my host parents. Aura is holding Fatima, their grandchild
Lauren (the other student in the house) with Daniel and Sandra. They are Fatimas parents.
Alexis, Walter, and me. They are my host brothers.
Lauren and me. (Lauren left last Friday and the family didnt get another new student this week)
This is Edwin, Pedro, and me. Edwin is another teacher here and he is something else! He definitely started this and Pedro simply copied him. I dont think Edwin knows that Im married, but Im not sure it would make a difference if he did know. This is one of my favorite photos so far. I love my expression.
My new friends, Jen and Michaela, from Minnesota. They are the ones I rode on the bus with from Guatemala City to Xela and we live down the street from each other.
My favorite photo of the volcano so far

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look truly happy there. It's good to see that you are enjoying yourself. How is you stomach doing? When are you going to get up close and personal with the volcano?

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having fun and meeting some nice people. Hopefully, you will be able to stay in touch with them.

I love the picture of the volcano. When do you get to travel to it? Be sure to take plenty of pictures when you do.

Erin said...

i FINALLY found your blog! i've got a lot of catching up to do.... but it looks like you're doing lots. You're going to miss my farewell reception tomorrow though... boo!! :)