Thursday, June 30, 2011

Research application submitted!

Well, my research application for the Institutional Review Board has been submitted. Whew! Of course, now I have to wait for their response. They could say 1) approved!, 2) we'll approve this but first you need to make these changes..., or 3) nope, you're not doing this research.

There isn't anything overly controversial about my research, so I'm pretty confident that I'll get one of the first two responses back from them. After I'm approved, I get to actually begin my research project!

I think it's obvious already, but I have to say, I really am enamored with the squirrels in Texas. Check out this fella. I'm sitting on a picnic table, and he's less than three feet away from me. He's sprawled out with his stomach in the shade and the dirt attempting to cool off. I had never seen a squirrel do that until I came to Texas.
He laid there for several minutes just chillin' out before I accidentally scared him away. This has got to be the cutest squirrel ever!

4 comments:

Misty said...

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!

Mom said...

Good Luck. Are you going to try to sneak him home with you? Hope everything is going good for you. Good luck again on your project. If you can, let us know as soon as you know whats going on with it.

Dave said...

Im glad that you got your paper submitted. Great job im sure it was lots of work.
Also the pics of the squirrel are great. You gotta cool off some how :)

IT Girl Mary said...

Left my squirrel comment one post too soon! lol