We had a 4-day weekend for the July 4th holiday, so I flew home for a short visit. It was really wonderful to get away from my dorm room for a couple days and see my dogs, family, and a couple friends. The best part, though, was surprising my mom on her birthday--I didn't tell her that I was coming home for a visit!
Let me set the scene for you. Dave and I arrived at my younger sister's house. When mom arrived, I hid in the basement. After a couple minutes, I called Mom's cell phone to wish her a happy birthday. (Props to Misty for the great idea!) I started walking upstairs while talking with her.
We're still waiting for our research proposals to be accepted, so I've been working on behind the scenes stuff like reading related research and locating potential farms/ranches to invite to participate in my survey or an interview.
It's still hot here. It was 102 today, and the high temperatures for the next ten days are predicted to range from 99 to 102. The temperatures in Indiana (70's and 80's) were sooo lovely while I was there.
Oh, and here's the latest squirrel photo. There's an almond in its mouth. So cute!
7 comments:
Yes it was wonderful to have you home. The squirrel is still super cute. Oh yeah
AMERICA! that was hilarious and i bet annoying.
Awesome - I made it on your blog!
Oh yeah I forgot to say something - AMERICA! Sorry, had to. : )
You're right I was surprised to see you for my birthday. I'm glad I didn't have a heart attack.Glad to hear you made it back safe and it was real nice to have you home. Thank you to all of you that kept the secret. Are you going to try and bring your friend home with you? He is really cute. love you, mom P.S. AMERICA!!!
hee hee...I see your family beat me to the punch. the drunk dude story is hilarious. I'm giggling away as I type....so awesome. CANADIA!
Tamara - actually, there were a few "CANADA!" shouts. They were from other folks who were mocking the "AMERICA!" man. :)
lol Wow, what a patriot. lol
Probably a good thing you didn't shout "INDIANA" back...not sure that would have gone over too well....
So glad the birthday surprise for your mom went well. Sounds like you and Misty pulled it off perfectly!
Post a Comment