Follow along as this Bonham (slowly) travels the world!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
El Dia de los Padres
At breakfast this morning I learned that today is Father's Day in Guatemala. Oops! I had assumed it was the same as in the US, so I wasn't prepared!
Kelvin, the other student from the US, and I decided to buy a cake for Edy. We found a nice chocolately one at Xela Pan, a local bakery, and we gave it to Edy at lunch. He loved it. :) The whole family was here for dinner tonight (except the daughter who lives in Guatemala City). I'm not sure if I've told you much about the family dynamics, but they are hysterical. It's actually a little overwhelming for me. When everyone is here, the two grand kids run around playing. Sophie, who is almost two, now knows how to clap her hands and say "bravo!" which is so cute that it never seems to get old. And Pedro's older brother, who is probably my age, is practically a comedian. He's always causing trouble (in a fun sort of way). Tonight at dinner, Edy begged him to please go for 15 minutes without saying a sarcastic comment. He made it two minutes. Edy finally resorted to telling him repeatedly to shut-up while everyone else at the table laughed!
P.S. There's another new post below this one; you don't want to miss it!
4 comments:
mom
said...
You should have felt right at home, it sounds alot like our family when we get together or have you forgot who you are married to------- "the family clown" (who we all love very much) See you when you get home and rest up a bit.
4 comments:
You should have felt right at home, it sounds alot like our family when we get together or have you forgot who you are married to------- "the family clown" (who we all love very much) See you when you get home and rest up a bit.
That was sweet of you guys to get Edy a cake!
Yes, they really do remind me of our family. That might be one of the reasons why I feel so comfortable here. :)
That's cute about the 2 year old. Is the older brother cute and single? lol JK!
Post a Comment