This morning we had our formal poster presentations. I was nervous, of course, but it went really well. Most of the people I talked with were excited about my research. I was actually surprised at the amount of interest they displayed. In fact, I even received a few leads for research-related internships and potentially publishing in another journal! And several professors attempted to talk me into choosing to attend UNT for graduate school. :)
Here's a photo of me with my poster

And a close up of my poster. Mom--there's a photo of you on the poster!
I have to say, it was really, really weird to include the IUSB logo on my poster, instead of the Goshen College logo. I wasn't happy about that.

An "action" shot during the presentations. It's a come-and-go event, so people just walked around looking at the posters and asking questions about the research.

The three Program Coordinators for the summer research program

With my research mentor

After the presentations we all went out for lunch. And now I'm exhausted! But 42 hours from now I will meet Dave in Chicago! (Not that I'm counting or anything!)
5 comments:
Very very exciting.I am so glad it went well. I know you worked really hard. Who knows what today could have started. I am very proud of you. So excited to see you. Less than 2 days now. WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!
Your posterboard is fantastic! I love it! Very smarty, smart, smart..but also very visually appealing. Pictures are great - just enough color, very well laid out and organzied. For someone who is a very visual person, I would have immediately been drawn to it based off the visuals. I am disappointed I didn't make it on your posterboard though. : ) Can't wait for you to be home sister!!
Glad to hear everything went well. I see I'm with my buddies in the picture. I'm proud of you and all the hard work in put in this, but I'll be sooooooo glad to get you home.
The poster turned out amazing, dude. It looks so great.
I like your action shot. Especially the guy in the gray tshirt. lol
I can't wait to hear more about the cool conversations you had with people at the poster presentation.
Mary- you weren't the only person who liked the guy in the gray shirt! :) He wasn't part of the program, but he did work in the anthro department over the summer.
Post a Comment