Lucky for him, there was a storm brewing -- literally. We took another dip in the water as the dark clouds were coming in and just made it up to the car with our beach gear as the first raindrops started to fall. It was quite beautiful watching the rain come in over the water.
Dave here
She's not kidding either. She is pouting and giving me the business in the process. I was told that i had to pack everything and she wasnt going to help. I laughed and had it almost all done before she even started tonight's blog!
So, earlier today Megan was wearing her sandals in the water. I told her that she was going to lose them because the waves were coming in so hard. She said "NO I WONT." so we're in the water, and Im in front because she doesnt want to go any further in fear of losing her sandals, and all the sudden I hear "yuck, yuck!" I turn and there she is on her butt in the water, feet and sandals in the air, and she is desperately trying not to lose her sandals, water hitting her everywhere else and some in her mouth. it was hilarious. I must give her credit though, the sandals stayed on.
Later on we were sitting there on some make shift bench someone made, looking at the ocean at our favorite tide pool place. I was literally asking myself if we were ever going to leave. I looked into the ocean where we had previously been swimming just up the road and I thought that i saw a fin in the water. I wasnt for sure, so I didnt say anything. I looked and saw it again but in the same spot. So I say to myself "its just a rock." i tell megan, "Hey look, that rock looks like a fin." We both looked a little harder and then I saw two fins and they were moving. Yep, you guessed it. There were two sharks close enough for us to see. Now they werent no great whites, but they were big enough and again they were SHARKS. They were cool to see. we walked closer to see them. I thought Megan was going to dive in so she could get a cool pic of them. When the water folded over itself you could see them pretty good and one time i saw the fin pop up like in the movies. Then it hit me: we were swimming where there were sharks. Holy CRAP!!!!! I was done swimming on that side, needless to say.
Overall vacation has been awesome. I hate to go back home to the cold, but I am again ready to be home. For me theres no place like home. Oh yeah and my big fat soft king size bed. I miss that dearly. Dave out.
2 comments:
Don't forget this is vacation, if you lived there you would be working and not have the time to sit on the beach and swim in the ocean all day like now. So come back home and TRY to enjoy being home.
I know you're sad to leave, but your family will be glad you guys are back home. : )
Post a Comment