Monday, February 28, 2011

Just another day at the beach...

It was just another day at the beach here in Mexico. We headed off to the "other side" of the island again today, hoping for calmer water than yesterday. No such luck. So, we explored more tide pools and then found a spot of beach for the day. Misty - you commented about the seclusion on the beach. I could see other humans beings from our beach spot today, but they were so far away they were like specks on the horizon. Very cool. (An introvert's dream!) Here are photos of today's spot.
The waves were incredibly strong, but this particular beach area had rocks about 15 feet out in the water. The rocks dulled the waves a bit before they hit shore, so we were able to take a dip in the water. Even though the waves weren't quite a strong, we were still in water up to our knees with waves coming in and hitting our chests! We lost our balance a couple times.
Dave had fun sitting in about a foot of water and letting the waves pummel him. It was quite entertaining to watch.
Then we just laid on the beach for awhile. Dave is already a little pink from the sun, so he borrowed an umbrella from the hotel. Check out this beach stud.
I hope ya'll don't get tired of looking at ocean and blue-sky photos; I sure don't get tired of taking them!
Tonight we ate at an Asian restaurant called Chi. (Yep, an Asian restaurant in Mexico.) It was really good, and the service was spectacular. I had egg rolls and some Indonesian dish with fried tofu and bean sprouts. (Mary - you would have been proud; I was certainly inspired by our trip to Kelly Jae's that one time!) Dave had spicy chicken wings and a dish called "Happy Family" with beef, chicken, scallops, shrimp, and vegetables. The restaurant is on the second level of a building along the beach. We sat outside on the balcony and had a nice view of the water and, when it got dark enough, the lights on the mainland.

2 comments:

Misty said...

I'm going to start an album of funny Dave pictures!

Weather looks great - looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!

Mom said...

The pictures are beautiful, so don't stop taking them and I noticed you're not mentioning the temp. so I guess I won't have to hurt you when you get home. Can't wait to see all of your pictures.